Superbowl Pizza Dip Recipe
Hi again! It’s Megan from Soup of the Day blog! I’m popping in from Baltimore, Maryland and am here to share a DELICIOUS recipe that is sure to make you the most popular person at the Superbowl Party this year!
I’m not a huge sports fan but I always look forward to Superbowl each year for one reason….THE FOOD. Whether I host the party or head over to a friends house I always spend an hour or two browsing recipes for the perfect contribution. This year it’s Pizza Dip.
There is nothing tastier than a dip that tastes like pizza! Am I right?
I used pepperoni as my meat but you can replace it with sausage if you’d like. Just note that I wasn’t cooking anything in my slow cooker- just warming it up. Your cook time will change if you use a different meat.
- 1 cup of diced green pepper
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 28 ounces of pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 15 slices of pepperoni cut in half
- 1 french baguette
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Italian seasoning (I just put in a dash of- cilantro, rosemary, garlic powder, thyme, basil, salt and pepper)
- Add all ingredients (except mozzarella cheese) to the slow cooker and heat on low for 1-2 hours
- Set oven to 375 degrees
- Spread baguette slices out on a cookie sheet
- On a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Once it’s melted add in garlic and seasoning and let cook for about a minutes
- Brush butter/seasoning mixture onto each piece of bread
- Place cookie sheet into the oven for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown
* I added the handful of mozzarella cheese to my bowl of pizza dip before diving in!