Today’s Friday Five post comes from Rachel of Can’t Google Everything
Five Date Worthy Restaurants in Philadelphia
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I thought it would be a great idea to share some of my favorite “date night” restaurants in Philly!
1. Amada– this is by far one of my favorite restaurants ever! It’s a tapas place and the food is amazing! I especially love the baked goat cheese and the sangria. This is a great place to go on a date or for a celebration with a small group of friends.
2. Hawthorne’s– located in South Philly (well, just south of South St, so more like Queen Village/Italian Market area) Hawthorns is a nice relaxing place to go on a date. It’s not “fancy fancy,” but the food is really good and they have a huge beer fridge to choose from, along with growlers you can order for here or to go. Inside is a comfy vibe, with a fireplace and homey decor.
3. Cochon– another Queen Village favorite of mine is Cochon (French for pig). Cochon is a great restaurant with a French influence. They food is seriously good! It’s a small, intimate place, so great for a date, not so much for large groups. It’s BYO (which helps with the bill!) and cash only.
4. Mixto– Mixto is a Cuban restaurant in Center City. The bread is seriously good and I always get to ropa vieja to eat! Yum! They also have great cocktails and serve brunch on the weekends. However, if you go in the summer I recommend asking for a seat on the first floor because it is seriously hot on the second floor!
5. Beaumonde– last but not least is my favorite Creperie! I’ve actually never been here for dinner, just brunch, but they do serve dinner and I’m sure it’s fabulous. We go here sometimes for brunch and get crepes and they are just amazing! They also have great mimosas and the coffee is really good, which I find to be rare at brunch places!
If you’re ever in Philly, be sure to check these places out!
And now on to the link up! Link up your Friday Five post below and be sure to hop around to check out some of the other posts!
Do you have a Friday 5 post you’d like featured on our blog? Email us to schedule it!