Five Fall Fashion Must Haves
Today’s Friday 5 is our last installment of our Fashion Week series and features Megan from Beauty on a College Budget!
Hey I’m Megan from Beauty on a College Budget. I run a blog about finding beauty items on a college budget. Today I’m here to tell you about the 5 must have fashion pieces in your fall wardrobe.
- Knee high leather boots. This is a piece if you take care of them will last you years. You should buy a sturdy pair. Look at how’s it’s made. Just because its leather doesn’t mean it’s properly made. Check to make sure there isn’t any thread sticking out anywhere. I think flat boots are overlooked. I think everyone should at least one pair of flat boots!
credit: Alloy.com click photo to be brought to site.Or you could get a great pair of heeled boots. credit: Alloy.com click photo to be brought to site.
- Gray Vneck this is a shirt that looks good with yoga pants, jeans, leggings. This looks good with even colored jeans or sweats. The shape of the collar of a vneck is virtually flattering on everyone. It’s also the perfect shirt color to wear with a scarf that won’t clash with the designs on the scarf.
credit: Hanes.com click photo to be brought to site.
- Lace trim. I’ve been seeing lace trim on everything. Not only is it a big trend right now I just feel like a little bit of lace makes an outfit classy. To me lace is just elegant when done correctly. Trust me there is such a thing as too much lace. Try to find a piece of clothing with the same color lace as the fabric. NEVER wear two different color lace!
credit: target.com click photo to be brought to site
Another great way to add lace to your outfit is to add lace sleeves. click down through the photo to find a DIY tutorial for this lace sleeve shirt.
credit: style reload. Click photo to be brought to the site.
- Plain Flannel shirt. It never fails to go out of style. I don’t care if you say it’s Kurt cobain inspired. It’s not. It’s something warm to throw over a tshirt when a sweatshirt or jacket is too heavy. Pair a purple flannel with a cami and your set.
credit: landsend.com click photo to be brought to site.
- Thick leggings. No one wants to see your underwear, nor should your gambs freeze in the cold. I have a few thick fleece leggings that I love to wear with an oversized crewneck sweatshirts. Hanes also sells really nice crewneck sweatshirts.
credit: Hanes.com click picture to be brought to site
I hope that you found this tips to follow the fall trends helpful. I know that I can’t wait to make that lace sleeve shirt myself! Now remember this is just a guideline to pieces to incorporate into your wardrobe this season!
Thanks so much to all our fashion week participants! I hope everyone enjoyed Fashion Week here at North East Bloggers and maybe we’ll do it again sometime soon!