On this week’s Friday Five we are showcasing five great spots in the Philly area that are worth the money!
1. Longwood Gardens: although it cost money to enter the gardens, it is definitely worth it! There is an expansive amount of land here to walk around and enjoy the day. They also have a very large green house with plants from all over the world including jungle and dessert rooms! There are rotating events as well, such as the Christmas lights events and various flower events, too!
2. Linvilla Orchards: It doesn’t cost money to get in here, but you will probably end up spending money while you are there! Linvilla is a great place to bring your family- they have carnival type of food booths, a petting zoo, playground, tractor rides and of course fruit picking. In the fall they have apple picking and a pumpkin fest. In the spring/summer you can go pick other various fruits or pick something up from their huge farmer’s market store!
3. Philadelphia Zoo: Did you know the zoo in Philly is America’s first zoo? Not only that but it is a really nice zoo, easy to navigate and has a great variety of animals, including a cute baby giraffe!
4. Bushkill Falls: Okay, this one isn’t technically in the Philly area but its a pretty close drive (2 hours or so) and SO worth it! It does cost money to get it, but there are hiking trails all around and over the various falls. The trails are very well maintained wooden trails. If you are afraid of heights you might want to stick to the foot path trails!
|(and yes, that’s me!)|
5. Philadelphia Museum of Art: this museum is huge and has a lot of art work to see from various eras as well as rotating special exhibits! Not to mention you can take your picture with the Rocky statue out front and run the “Rocky Stairs!”
Do you have a great idea for a post? Interested in submitting a Friday Fives Post or Guest Post with us? Click here to submit!
Connect with us!
This week’s Friday Five post was written by Rachel of Can’t Google Everything.
Rachel is a lifestyle blogger living in the Philadelphia suburbs.
She is a wife, mom, teacher and lover of exclamation points!